OPTIONS RECOVERY SERVICES
$150,000 – $190,000 DOE/DOQ
Options Recovery Services is looking for an Executive Director! Options has been providing addiction recovery services in Alameda County for over 20 years and has locations in Berkeley, Oakland, and San Leandro. The Executive Director will oversee all operations, staff and services, including outpatient services, recovery support services, drug testing, recovery residences, in-prison substance use disorder programs and substance use disorder counselor training programs, and re-entry support programs for incarcerated individuals throughout the state. This position reports to an 11-member Board of Directors and is critical to the mission of Options Recovery Services – to break the cycle of addiction that causes crime, homelessness, and broken families. Come join this amazing organization and make a noteworthy impact on the lives of community members and their families. Options is looking for a strong leader to carry out its vision and mission, and work in partnership with the Board of Directors and various stakeholders within Alameda County and the California prison system. The candidate should be someone who takes initiative, is client-focused and results oriented, builds positive relationships, develops others, and is diplomatic and an excellent communicator. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work for an organization that is having a significant impact on the lives of its clients, while also improving the lives of their families, friends, and others throughout their communities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Will be an experienced substance use disorder/mental health professional or administrator who excels at managing complex behavioral health programs and leveraging the technical expertise of internal and external resources. The ideal candidate should have experience managing county and state-level contracts, business development, grants, funding donors, and fundraising events. The candidate will have a passion for public service and a desire to serve the most vulnerable, with a dedication to breaking the cycle of addiction that causes crime, homelessness, and broken families.
Education, experience, and training that will provide the knowledge and abilities listed herein. This includes:
- A Bachelor’s in health care administration, public health, psychiatric nursing, psychology, sociology, counseling, public administration, business administration or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Administrative or management experience at the level of division director, program manager, and/or center or facility manager in a mental health or substance use disorder services program, or closely related health or human service program.
- Knowledge of California policies related to health and human services, especially Medi-Cal, and experience working with public sector stakeholders.
- Experience managing organizational annual budgets of over $2M.
- Pass a satisfactory background and reference check process.
- Have a satisfactory driving record and, by time of hire if from out of state, have a valid California Driver’s license.
- Background/experience in providing treatment services for people with substance use disorders, including evidence-based practices and the 12-step, abstinence-based model.
- Clinical licensure, or drug and alcohol counselor certification.
- Master’s degree in related field or fields.
HOW TO APPLY: for first consideration APPLY by October 22nd at:
SECURE THE DATES:
- Interviews will be held on November 12th and 13th, 2020 (candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days)
Please contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown, with any questions:
- 866-929-WBCP (9227) toll free
- 541-664-0376 (direct)