Days/Hours : Classes are Monday – Friday, 6:00pm to 10:00pm . The remaining hours will be negotiated. 40 hour full time position. Second Shift.
Pay : To be discussed.
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor position available working with male adult clients referred by the criminal justice system in a classroom located inside the Johnson County Corrections Center.
- Looking for a dedicated individual with excellent verbal communication and excellent typing skills.
- The position entails individual and group counseling, interacting with probation officers, documenting individual and group sessions in a web based program along with developing treatment team meetings and monthly reports.
- Must be able to pass TDCJ criminal history clearance (which means no sexual offenses, no pending offenses, cannot be currently on probation or parole or recently off probation or parole.)
- Must have current LCDC licensure certificatioin or be a C.I. with over 2000 hours of documented experience through a CTI site.
* Requires you to have 2 years experience in one of the following :
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Counselors, All Other
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
* Requires you to have an Associate Degree
* Requires you to have current licenses LCDC, LMSW , LPC
* Requires you to type 30 wpm
* Computer skills, Data Entry, Word and Excel
We are a well established family oriented substance abuse treatment facility. We provide paid time off, CEU (continuing education hours) free of charge, and a paid portion of medical insurance.