Andrew House Boston, a program of Bay Cove Human Services is a 24 bed acute treatment facility providing medically monitored services to individuals who need short-term detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates
We are seeking a dynamic and talented Nurse Manager.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and nursing care in line with clinical practice standards of the unit. The Nurse Manager is responsible for Nursing staff and related medical support staff including RNs and LPNs
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards including quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to nurses and subordinate staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patient health. Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues. Studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care problems.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration.
- Conducts performance review meetings, regularly provides feedback and coaching and is responsible for the overall development and succession planning of the nursing staff
- Act as house coverage/rotation when required
- Collaborates with other disciplines to affect positive patient outcomes.
- 5 years of professional nursing experience
- 2 years supervisory-level experience preferred
- Current state MA license.
- Experience working with the following populations: dual diagnosis, substance abuse, and homelessness
- Knowledge of budgetary, supervisory, human resources, and quality-improvement principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of clinical state-of-the-art advancements and trends in health care.
- Knowledge of principles of employee development to ensure appropriate training and mentoring of staff.
- Skill in applying and modifying, as appropriate, the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing.
- Skill in identifying problems, researching, and recommending solutions.
- Skill in developing and maintaining high level of quality care/quality assurance.
- Ability to manage the overall provision of nursing services and build consensus among staff.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals at all levels of the medical practice.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and deal effectively with changing priorities.
Key Words: Substance Abuse, Detox, ATS, Addiction Services, Dual Diagnosis, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Nurse, Nursing, Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor, Community Health Nursing, Case Management, Rehabilitative, Recovery, Community Support, Community Integration, Human Services, Nonprofit, Advocacy